Pick Up Some Treats and Help Us Fund Scholarships
The NEC Online Auction is SGMP’s largest fundraising events that funds member scholarships to attend the NEC.
The auction is organized by SGMP’s Gilmer Institute of Learning which offers educational opportunities, certifications, training, resources, and scholarships.
Donate Auction Items
This national fundraiser makes it possible to fund scholarships for government and contract planners to attend this national gathering.
We are requesting all kinds of donations!
- Hotel Stays: Include complimentary parking, meals at the hotel or local restaurants, spa treatments, attraction passes or sporting events.
- Reward Points: Donate hotel, airline or Amtrak reward points.
- Holiday Decor
- Tech Gadgets
- Gift Baskets: Coffee – chocolate lovers – spa day – movie night – date night – family game night – road trip – dog lovers – cat lovers – picnic in the park.
- Gift Cards: Donate an unused gift card.
- Unique Items: Handmade crafts – woodworking – art – photography – children’s toys, books, accessories.
- Vacation Packages: Consider offering a 2-nights to a 7-nights stay with breakfast or food credit, golf or spa package.
- Tickets: Donate admission tickets to amusement parks, museums or family activities
Don’t be afraid to think outside the box! Donate one of your unique handcrafted creations. Please think about combining items or services with your friends and colleagues to create a tantalizing package to feature your area, such as hotel 2- or 3-night stays with a spa visit or round of golf.
Donating an Item
Use the form below to submit a brief description of your item for the 2023 NEC Auction. Please complete one form per submission and submit no later than Thursday, May 4, 2023.
If you are mailing gift certificates, please mail to:
Attn: Wayne Callis, CGMP
232 East Main Street
Norfolk, VA 23510
Please do not mail large items to Wayne. If you are donating an item larger than a gift certificate, please mail the item to the winner after the 2023 NEC. The item should not be brought to the conference. If you have any questions about our ONLINE auction, please contact us.
- Auction Listing: Please list the item exactly how you would like it to appear on the website. Please include the location (i.e. city and state) if applicable. Please keep the description to under 1000 characters. Please include 2-3 photos for the auction listing.
- Expiration Date: Please set any expiration date for at least 12 months following the silent auction date (i.e. 7/1/2023 or later). Please include any restrictions with the donation (i.e. Sun.-Thurs. only, Fri-Sat only, blackout dates).
- Dollar Value: Please provide an estimated dollar value of the donated item (including tax if applicable)
NEC Silent and Live Auction Donation Commitment Form
Header photo courtesy of Shutterstock; side photo courtesy of Christie’s Photographic Solutions.