Pick Up Some Treats and Help Us Fund Scholarships
The NEC Online and Live Auctions are SGMP’s largest fundraising events to benefit The Gilmer Institute of Learning Scholarships for NEC. While the live auction will take place in Detroit, MI, during 2019 NEC, you can get involved and participate from anywhere with our online auction, which will launch in advance of the conference festivities. Watch for the auction opening announcement!
Pre-Auction Visit Detroit Package
Arrive early or extend your stay in Detroit, the host of 2019 NEC, by bidding on a Visit Detroit “Stay and Play” package valued at $900. The pre-auction will open Tuesday, March 5, at 8 am ET and close Thursday, March 7, at 5 pm ET.
- Gift Certificate for a Two-Night Stay at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center with Breakfast for Two
- Two admission Tickets to The Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation
- Two Tickets to Greenfield Village
- $40 in Fun Money to Be Spent in Local Gift Shops or at Concessions
- Two $10 Starbucks Gift Cards and a Detroit Starbucks Mug
- One pound Bag of Coffee and Travel Mug
- Locally Made Candle
- Assortment of Locally Made Snacks and Sundries
See the full listing and place your bid visit: https://2019NEC.givesmart.com.
Donate Auction Items
We are currently requesting items for the SGMP Online and Live Auction, which will go live in June 2019. This national fundraiser makes it possible to fund scholarships for government and contract planners to attend this national gathering.
We are requesting all kinds of donations!
- Gift Baskets: coffee – chocolate lovers – spa day – movie night – date night – family game night – road trip – dog lovers – cat lovers – picnic in the park
- Gift Cards: Donate an unused gift card
- Unique Items: handmade crafts – woodworking – art – photography
- Accommodations: Hotel overnight stay certificates
- Vacation Packages: Consider offering a 2-nights to a 7-nights stay with breakfast or food credit, golf or spa package.
Don’t be afraid to think outside the box! Donate one of your unique handcrafted creations. Please think about combining items or services with your friends and colleagues to create a tantalizing package to feature your area, such as a hotel 2 or 3 night stays with a spa visit or round of golf. Let your imagination be your guide.
How the Online Auction Works
All bidding will be done through a cell phone or computer. Auction participants can bid from anywhere, anytime before the close of the auction, right from their own device. This means, the auction item will be promoted to ALL members and potentially their friends and family. Specific auction instructions will be coming soon, so be sure to check back in and cast your bid!
How the Live Auction Works
The live auction will be held during 2019 NEC following the Sam Gilmer Awards Dinner. We welcome contributions of larger items for this charitable auction.
Donating an Item
Use the form below to submit a brief description of your item for the 2019 NEC Auction. Please submit the form no later than Friday, June 14, 2019. Thank you for your support and interest in helping SGMP continue with supporting our mission. If you have any questions about our ONLINE auction, please contact us.
NEC Silent and Live Auction Donation Commitment Form
Photos courtesy of Christie’s Photographic Solutions.