Health & Safety
The health and safety of our members, attendees, sponsors and speakers are of utmost importance to SGMP, especially as the country continues to deal with the Coronavirus issue. During your travel and participation in the 2021 NEC in Huntsville, Alabama, we ask that you follow the CDC’s Safe Travel Guidelines, which includes when to travel and when to avoid travel, as well as precautionary measures you can take during your travels.
This page is continuously updated as we receive health and safety guidelines from Visit Huntsville and the CDC.
At the 2021 NEC
- SGMP will be participating in CrowdPass, an event management software and COVID-19 testing and vaccine record management system. If you have already registered for the in-person conference, you will be receiving an email from CrowdPass, asking you to register with the event on their system.
- All attendees and speakers must receive a negative PCR COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72 hours before entry to the facility and upload proof to the CrowdPass system prior to arrival onsite, or be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after the final dose) and upload a copy of a vaccination card. Attendees must upload either document before entry into the NEC. An account with CrowdPass will allow attendees to upload either a negative COVID-19 test or a complete vaccination card.
- This is a requirement of all attendees, speakers and volunteers. If you arrive at the Registration Desk in Huntsville without being in the CrowdPass system, you will need to provide documentation then, or be turned away from the in-person experience. Bringing documentation onsite will delay your registration and access by 45-60 minutes.
- If you have trouble uploading these items, please call 703-549-0892 for assistance.
- If you do not feel well or have COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you not travel to the NEC.
- Once you arrive in Huntsville, if you start feeling sick, we ask that you not attend NEC sessions and events, and we ask that you alert SGMP by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and letting the hotel know.
- Face coverings are required at all times in both the Embassy Suites and the Von Braun Center.
- The general and concurrent session meeting rooms will be set with social distancing in mind.
- We urge you to continue to social distance by at least 6 feet while you enjoy each others’ company.
- We urge you to wash your hands frequently.
- There will be hand sanitizer stations in the facilities, and we recommend you bring some with you so you have it all times.
- At the hotel, complimentary breakfast is available. Limited breakfast items will be offered cafeteria-style, served in disposable containers from cooked-to-order stations. Please practice social distancing; tables should not be moved, and please limit groups to 10 people or less.
We hope everyone will have a great experience at the 2021 NEC in Huntsville and you arrive home safely. After you return home, for 14 days, we ask each attendee to contact SGMP National Headquarters at email@example.com if you start to experience COVID-19 symptoms, have determined you have COVID-19 and/or have received a positive COVID test result. Should we learn of any attendee having COVID-19 after they return home and they believe they contracted it while at the conference, we will alert other attendees. However, we hope by everyone following best practices to COVID-19, that everyone will remain healthy.
Health and Safety at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Huntsville Hotel & Spa
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Huntsville Hotel & Spa is committed to the health and well-being of associates, guests and community. A number of operational changes have been made to protect the public health and guests of the hotel.
Our cleaning implementations include enhanced cleaning procedures, changing employment policies and practicing good hygiene. The hotel and event areas are regularly cleaned and sanitized with cleaning and disinfectant products from Ecolab, a global leader in infection prevention solutions. Special attention is paid to high-touch surfaces and objects.
Safety Guidelines During Your Stay:
- Face coverings are required in all public areas of the hotel.
- Avoid social gatherings
- Use non-contact methods of greetings – waves, salutes, smiles, etc.
- Our fitness center is open with limited hours. Please practice social distancing and adhere to the signage posted.
- Our pool is open with limited hours. A maximum occupancy of 15 persons at one time is allowed. Please maintain social distancing and do not move the furniture.
- Complimentary breakfast is available. Limited breakfast items will be offered cafeteria-style, served in disposable containers from cooked-to-order stations. Please practice social distancing; tables should not be moved, and please limited groups to 10 people or less.
- Hours of Operations:
- Monday – Friday: 6:30 – 9:00 am CDT
- Saturday – Sunday: 7:30 – 10:00 am CDT
- Hours of Operations:
- The hotel is pleased to offer an evening reception from 5:30 – 7:00 pm CDT daily with limited offerings. You will receive two (2) complimentary drinks per person per day.
- Caffeina’s Market is open daily from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm CDT and proudly serves Starbucks coffee and additional snacks and beverages for purchase.
- Grub South, Grub Hub, Door Dash and Steak Our are currently providing delivery services in the Huntsville area.
The Embassy Suites will fully clean and service your room once per week if you are staying longer than six (6) nights. If you would like trash removed or towels replaced, contact the front desk. You also may pick up additional supplies from the front desk.
Health and Safety at the Von Braun Center
The health and safety of attendees, exhibitors, and staff is the top priority of the Von Braun Center. Our current plans and protocols for Safe Meetings & Events are outlined below. We will continue to build on these plans as new information becomes available. Pursuant to the State of Alabama Public Health Order, face masks must be worn throughout the VBC.
Cleaning & Sanitation:
- Touch-free Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the building and in close proximity to every meeting room door.
- All touch-points are disinfected on a continual basis. Touch-points include stair handrails, door handles, door crash-bars, elevator & ATM buttons, concession stand counters and tables, Point of Sale Systems, charging stations, and common-area tables and benches.
- Restrooms are cleaned and disinfected numerous times throughout the day.
Meetings & Social Distancing:
- Capacity charts for all exhibit halls, ballrooms, and meeting rooms have been revised to allow for social distancing standards.
- Pre-function areas may be configured to include one-way aisles and orderly queues.
- Public access doors may be designated as either Entrance Only or Exit Only to limit cross pedestrian traffic and personal contact.
- Floor markings are allowed for social distancing standards as needed.
- Limited number of attendees in elevators and restrooms is recommended to allow for social distancing standards.
Food & Beverage:
- Employees must wear a mask at all times while in close proximity to attendees or guests.
- All food and beverage self-service stations, such as drinks, buffets and salad bars, have been discontinued.
- ServeSafe training is provided for food and beverage employees on a continuous basis.
- Print and digital signage in public areas, including restrooms, to remind guests of important hygiene measures and social distancing.
- All employees will wear face masks while in close proximity to attendees and guests.
- Employees are directed to stay home when sick, and to inform Human Resources immediately if they are aware of any possible exposure to COVID-19.