Scholarship Recipients Help Run Sessions
SGMP’s Gilmer Institute of Learning offers Rance R. Willis Planner Development Scholarships to attend NEC. In 2018, 11 scholarships were awarded. Each scholarship winner attended an orientation prior to the conference’s start and assisted during the conference with introducing speakers and/or moderating panel discussions.
Applications for 2019 NEC are now being accepted, and the deadline to apply is Monday, December 3, 2018, at 5:00 pm EST. We recommend reading the entire introduction to the application before submitting your application for the best results.
These scholarships were made possible from money raised during the auction that is held each year before and during NEC.
- These scholarships are intended for planner members who would not be able to attend the NEC without financial assistance.
- Planners whose agency or chapter would otherwise provide full funding for them to attend are not eligible.
- Applications are evaluated on the volume of meeting planning experience, not on activity in SGMP.
- Applicants who have never attended the NEC will be given preference.
- Applicants who have received a NEC Scholarship in the last three years may apply; however, preference will be given to first time applicants.
Photo courtesy of Christie’s Photographic Solutions.