Scholarship Recipients Help Run Sessions
SGMP’s Gilmer Institute of Learning offers Rance R. Willis Planner Development Scholarships to attend NEC. The scholarship application process for the SGMP 2020 National Education Conference is now open! Applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm EST on Friday, December 6, 2019.
SGMP’s Gilmer Institute of Learning awards NEC scholarships to meeting planner members in order to increase planner attendance at the NEC. Increasing the number of planner members in attendance allows SGMP to improve the return on investment for our SGMP supplier and planner members through increased networking opportunities. SGMP scholarship recipients also benefit from the robust educational offerings provided at the NEC.
New this year! Associate supplier members who plan meetings or conduct site selection functions for government meetings are also eligible to apply.
These scholarships were made possible from money raised during the auction that is held each year before and during NEC.
- These scholarships are intended for planner members who would not be able to attend the NEC without financial assistance.
- Associate supplier members who plan meetings or conduct site selection functions for government meetings are eligible to apply.
- Planners whose agency or chapter would otherwise provide full funding for them to attend are not eligible.
- Applications are evaluated on the volume of meeting planning experience, not on activity in SGMP.
- Applicants who have never attended the NEC will be given preference.
- Applicants who have received a NEC Scholarship in the last three years may apply; however, preference will be given to first time applicants.
The chapter scholarship process should not begin until SGMP has announced the 2020 NEC Scholarship recipients, which will be in late January 2020.
Photo courtesy of Christie’s Photographic Solutions.