NEC Scholarships Available
Applications Due Monday, December 3
SGMP’s Gilmer Institute of Learning offers Rance R. Willis Planner Development scholarships for planner members to attend the National Education Conference (NEC).
Applications are now being accepted, and the deadline to apply is Monday, December 3, 2018, at 5 p.m. ET. Late applications will not be accepted and there is no allowance for time zone differences. We recommend reading the entire introduction to the application before submitting your application for best results.
- These scholarships are intended for planner members who would not be able to attend the NEC without financial assistance.
- Planners whose agency or chapter would otherwise provide full funding for them to attend are not eligible.
- Applications are evaluated on the volume of meeting planning experience, not on activity in SGMP.
- Applicants who have never attended the NEC will be given preference.
- Applicants who have received a NEC Scholarship in the last three years may apply; however, preference will be given to first time applicants.
- Answer each question thoroughly; if it is not applicable, enter “N/A.”
- This application covers meeting planning activity during December 1, 2017 – November 30, 2018.
- In section III, question 4, you must provide the phone number of the property and name of the contact person even if they are no longer at the property (may be verified).
- Do not register for the NEC or make airline reservations prior to receiving notification regarding your scholarship application (if selected, those arrangements will be handled by SGMP Staff). You will not be reimbursed for expenses incurred before notification of scholarship award.
- You may edit your survey responses until the closure of the application; however, you must be on the same computer and use the same browser.
The 2019 Rance R. Willis Planner Development Scholarship Application can be found here.