Why Attend NEC
The Premier Conference for Government Meeting Professionals
SGMP’s 38th Annual National Education Conference (NEC) is the largest annual event in the government meetings industry and is where government professionals from across the country come together for non-stop education, resources and connections.
Your registration fee covers all of the educational sessions including two keynote addresses, opening reception, State of the Society Luncheon, Sam Gilmer Awards Dinner, entrance to the Expo (for planners and exhibitors), most meals and multiple opportunities to connect with and learn from peers in the field from across the United States. Consider adding on pre-conference sessions to extend your learning or earn your CGMP designation.
Top Reasons to Attend
- Learn from outstanding educational sessions, panel discussions, and two keynotes to stay on top of industry trends.
- Network with like-minded government meetings professionals in the Expo Trade Show, which sells out nearly every year.
- Connect with your peers during the Opening Reception, optional morning exercise and networking breaks between sessions.
- Earn contact hours to apply toward your CGMP and CMP designations.
- Sign up for a pre-conference session to extend your learning or earn your CGMP designation.
- Learn how to get further involved with SGMP at the chapter and national levels to help propel SGMP forward and advance your own leadership opportunities.
- Get to know fellow attendees better by helping a local nonprofit selected as the national charity for the conference.
- Enjoy meals included in your registration throughout NEC (opening evening reception, two breakfasts, two lunches, snack breaks and dinner.)
- Shop for a cause at the silent and live auctions which funds NEC scholarships.
Photos courtesy of Christie’s Photographic Solutions.